Did you know that a proper diet is essential to maintain the health of the urinary system? To avoid infections, we may take the coconut oil, which you take twice a day.
It is a very prevalent condition in the urinary tract. Can occur in the bladder, in the kidneys, in the ureters and the urethra. Known, then the causes of this problem and how to cure it naturally in the following article.
Characteristics of the urinary tract infection
The infection in the urinary tract, as has been said above, it may occur at different points in the urinary tract:
- In the bladder-this is called cystitis or a bladder infection.
- In the kidneys: may be in one or both kidneys, and is called pyelonephritis or a kidney infection.
- The ureters: only in exceptional cases, the ducts that carry urine from the kidney to the bladder become infected.
In the urethra-this is called urethritis and occurs in the tube that carries the urine out from the bladder.
The causes of urinary tract infection, in the vast majority of cases, it is due to bacteria that enter the urethra and to the bladder, where it is most developed, although if not treated can spread to the kidneys. In a large percentage of patients the body gets rid of the bacteria in an organic way, but certain conditions can increase the risk of developing these infections.
For example, women tend to suffer more urinary tract infections than men because the urethra is shorter. In addition, it is more likely to suffer after sexual intercourse or use a birth control as is the diaphragm. Women in menopause have more risk of getting an infection of this type.
Other factors that also increase the chances of urinary tract infection are:
- Age advanced.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Catheter in the bladder.
- Bowel incontinence.
- Enlarged prostate.
- Narrowed urethra.
- Kidney stones.
The symptoms of urinary tract infection in the bladder are:
- Cloudy urine sometimes with blood or foul-smelling or strong.
- Low-grade fever.
- Pain or burning when you urinate.
- Strong need to urinate all the time.
- Pressure or cramping in the back or lower abdomen.
- Feeling of bladder full, but urinating little.
If the infection spreads to the kidneys, symptoms will be:
- Cold sweats.
- Pain in the back or groin.
- Skin hot, or red.
- Intense abdominal pain.
Natural remedies for urinary tract infection
- Make an infusion with 25 grams of leaves of birch per liter of water, leave 10 minutes, strain and drink up to three cups per day.
- Mix a handful of each of these herbs: marshmallow, plantain, yarrow, stinging nettle and goldenrod (party areas). Extract one tablespoon, crushed and poured into a cup with boiling water. Cover, let stand for 15 minutes, strain and drink 2 cups per day.
- Boil 20 grams of barley with a quart of water. When it comes to a boil, take 20 grams of juniper. Let simmer a few minutes more. Rest covered 15 minutes, strain and drink up to three cups per day.
- In a litre of water, mix four tablespoons each of these ingredients: calendula, flax seed, horsetail, and thyme. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes, cover and leave to stand for 15 minutes. Strain it and make sitz baths to 2 times a day.
- In a cup of boiling water pour a tablespoon of celery seeds, cover and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Drink before it cools down completely.
- Dissolve ¼ teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water, drink once a day. Before you have to drink two glasses of water alone.
- Peel an apple and remove the heart, cut into slices. Remove the skin of banana and cut into slices. Mix in the blender with a glass of water and drink, preferably on an empty stomach.
- Make a shake by mixing two cups of fresh blueberries, a slice of watermelon and a half cup of cherries, all washed and without seeds. Drink immediately.
- Heats up half a kilo of cherries at their ends, to bath. Remove the bones when they are tender and pass through the sieve the rest. Add a tablespoon of honey, keep in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, consume two tablespoons a day.
- Ingested two tablespoons of coconut oil virgin every day. You can also drink a cup of coconut water before breakfast and another before sleeping.
- Peel two cloves of garlic and machácalos. Added to a cup of hot water, let stand five minutes and drink. Repeat up to three times a day.
- In a litre of water dilute two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Drink throughout the day.
- Peel an onion and pártela in four parts. Put them to boil with half a liter of water for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 8 hours. Then strain it and drink the broth. It will help you to make more urine and to eliminate the bacteria.
- Pour two tablespoons of basil leaves in a cup of boiling water, let stand 10 minutes and drink two times a day for 48 hours.
- Made a smoothie with two cups of cranberry juice, a cup of pomegranate juice, a cup of papaya cut into cubes (can also be cantaloupe, ¼ cup of lemon juice and a tablespoon of juice of ginger or a slice small grated. You can add six ice cubes and drink up to 5 cups per day.
- Makes an infusion with a cup of boiling water and a tablespoon of parsley leaves chopped. Let rest for 15 minutes and then sweeten with honey. Drink up to three cups per day.