Kidney stones also called stones in the kidneys, are a stone-like mass that can form anywhere in the urinary system. Stones in the kidneys are usually removed through the urine, without causing symptoms, but in some cases it can get stuck causing severe pain and blood in the urine.
The treatment for kidney stones are done with the ingestion of abundant fluids and medicines in the most serious cases, surgery may be necessary to remove the stuck stone.
Kidney stones Symptoms
You can suspected you have kidney stones when you feel:
- Pain in the lower back, which can limit movement.
- Pain that radiates from the back to the groin.
- Painful urination.
- Pink, red, or brown urine.
- Increased urinary frequency.
- Dizziness or vomiting.
- Fever above 38 C.
- In some cases, individuals may also have a lack of urine if the stone obstructs their passage channel. To learn more about the symptoms caused by kidney stones.
Kidney stones treatment:
Kidney stones treatment is always done at home, and includes rest, a high intake of fluids, and the use of medications indicated by the doctor as analgesics or antispasmodics such as acetaminophen or Buscapine.
In addition to this, for someone who has kidney stone should also be careful with feeding, avoiding salt and drinking a glass of orange juice every day.
In some cases, patients can go for a laser surgery, which can eliminate stones up to 5 mm, preventing them from falling prey and causing pain. However, in more severe cases, it can be indicated by hospitalization of the patient to inject through intravenous pain medications like Tramadol, or perform surgery to remove the stones from the kidneys.
Natural kidney stones treatment:
A good natural kidney stones treatment for patient is stone-breaking tea, which is a medicinal plant whose scientific name is Phyllanthus niruri which has diuretic action, thus facilitating the removal of stones.
In most cases stones in the kidneys are naturally removed through the urine, this usually occurs without the person noticing, however in some cases stones can block the urinary tract causing great pain and discomfort, it being necessary to move to the hospital as quickly as possible.
Causes of kidney stones:
The causes of kidney stones, also known as kidney stones, may be related to low fluid intake, diet, genetic factors and some diseases. Some of the causes are:
- Renal calcium calculus: of hereditary origin and should be treated with a diet with low sodium and protein tenor, recommended diuretics intake. The treatment can be done through the decrease in the consumption of foods rich in oxalates and fat, intake of a calcium supplement in order to facilitate the attachment of the oxalate in the intestine.
- Renal calculation of uric acid: may be caused by a high intake of protein-rich foods that cause uric acid to increase in the bloodstream. In this case the treatment can be done with the ingestion of allopurinol and with a diet with low purine tenor.
- Renal cystine calculus: of hereditary origin, can be treated with a high intake of liquids, alkalis and D-penicillamine, when necessary.
- Struvite kidney stone: may be caused by the complication of an infection in the urinary system. Your treatment can be done through ingestion of antibiotics and surgery to remove the stones, as they tend to be large.
By performing the tests that diagnose kidney stone, the doctor will be able to identify what type of calculation the individual has, making an analysis of its composition, thus indicating the best treatment. For all types of stones in the kidneys, the main recommended treatment is the intake of approximately 3 liters of water per day and a lot of rest, as hospitalization is not always necessary, as the stones can be naturally expelled by the organism.
In addition to this, kidney stones can also be caused by rare diseases such as primary or secondary hyperoxaluria, for example. These diseases promote an accumulation of oxalate in the body due to deficiencies in some enzymes that digest this compound, thus ending to overload the kidneys, which leads to the emergence of these stones.
These diseases can be treated with probiotic supplements containing the living bacterium Oxalobacter formigenes, which produces energy through the consumption of oxalate, making it very effective in its elimination.